My career story
I’m Jeri Hird Dutcher, owner of Workwrite LLC, and I inspire professionals and managers to enjoy finding and landing the job of their dreams. I call it success without the stress!
I hold current certifications from the Professional Association of Resume Writers and Career Coaches in career coaching, resume writing, and interview preparation.
My professional writing experience goes back more than 25 years (Would you believe I started when I was 4?) For nearly 15 of those years, I have dedicated myself to writing resumes and providing job search assistance in nearly every industry.
I specialize in job seekers who are at once creative and technical. Writers, journalists, photographers, artists, Web developers, engineers, IT/IS,and interior designers are my ideal clients. I especially enjoy working with people who are changing not only jobs but careers.
Recent career highlights include:
- Judging the 2013 international best resume competition for Career Directors International.
- Taking first place in Career Directors International 2010 best resume competition for Creative Resumes.
- Volunteering on Career Directors International Education Committee.
- Serving on ProfilingPro’s Advisory Board.
- Having two resumes published in Arnold Boldt’s Resumes for the Rest of Us.
You can also find:
- My useful career / job search information on SelfGrowth.com.
- Resume and job search information for Fargo, ND, on Examiner.com.
- My articles in JobDig, a 12-state regional career and job search publication.
My background includes award-winning writing, editing, and design as well as public relations management in several industries. I earned a BA in English (highest honors) with a concentration in writing and taught composition at the college level.